Monday, September 27, 2010

Wolf Response

"Mr.Wolf would you please give me your version of the story?" the judge asked me. I was sitting in court at a table facing the judge, who was a duck. To my right, there was another table and at it sat all three of the terrible, but tasty little pigs.

"Well I had just heard from my mother that some new neighbors had moved into town and I thought it would be polite to go down and introduce myself. I went and knocked on the first house I saw and was surprised to find that it was a pig. I started to say hello but the pig slammed the door in my face. I have been sick with a cold and so I sneezed and accidentally blew down his house. He ran and I followed him. He went to his brothers house and again I accidentally blew down his house. They ran to their last brothers house and I began to sneeze a lot. Thankfully the house did not blow down. I was upset though because they did not let me in so I climbed down the chimney, but landed in a pot of hot water and burned myself. Then I ran away and could hear the pigs laughing." I told her.

"Thank you. Now your version of the story please little pigs."

"We moved into town and we were each building our own homes. Mine was made of bricks and my brother's were made of sticks and hay. First the wolf came to my youngest brother's house and knocked on the door. He wouldn't let him in because he's a pig and there was a wolf knocking on the door! The wolf got angry and blew his house down. My brother ran to my other brother's house which was made of sticks and when they wouldn't let him inside, he blew their house down. So they ran to my house because there was no where else to go. When the wolf got there we wouldn't let him in and he became even more angry, so he tried to blow down my house, but he couldn't because it was made of bricks. So I guess he thought he'd come in through the chimney. I had been cooking a pot of soup for lunch and when I heard him coming down the chimney, I took the lid off and he fell in the soup. He shot back out of the chimney and ran away," the third little pig said.

"Thank you little pig. Now Mr.Wolf, why were you even going down to the little pig's houses?"

"I told you, I heard that new neighbors had moved into town and I was going to introduce myself!" I cried.  The judge looked at me, and then at the pigs.

"Is it true that you have just moved into town?" she asked the pigs.

"Yes," the second little pig replied. "But he blew down my house and my brother's house! They took a lot of work to build and now we will have to do it all over again!" She turned to me and said,

"Do you agree that you blew down their houses?"

"Yes, but I had a cold. I had been sneezing a lot that day and it just so happened that I sneezed their houses down."

She stared at us and began writing something on a paper in front of her. I could feel the sweat pouring down my face and back. I couldn't go to jail, not now. My life was just becoming exciting and there were all those little beavers I wanted to eat down by the river! I glanced around behind me. There was no one there except my mother and sister. They looked at me but I could not read their expressions. Was it disappointment? Amusement? Were they proud?

Behind the three pigs there were tons of animals! There was a mother goose and her goslings, three beavers, four pigs, a weasel and two deer. Some of them seemed afraid, others excited. One of the goslings whispered to its mother and the mother looked over at me. She glared and quickly pulled her children closer to her. The weasel was sitting uncomfortably in his chair while the three beavers sat gnawing on a piece of wood. The deer were gazing around the court room and the four pigs watched the judge write on her piece of paper. The only sound that was heard in the court room was the soft scratching of the pen she was using.

"Mr.Wolf," the judge started. "Were you going to eat the three pigs if they hadn't run away?"

"Of course not! Why would I want to eat them?" I replied. Of course I wanted to eat them! Pig were one of my favorites! My mouth began to water at the thought of eating pigs and I could almost taste their juicy flesh! Suddenly the judge cleared her throat loudly,

"Mr.Wolf, you are charged with destroying two houses and attempting to eat the three little pigs. This court is now closed. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment