Saturday, March 5, 2011

Villanelle Poem

I like when you make pancakes for dinner.
So warm and tasty they have always been.
Don't judge them from the outside, look inner.

Eating them doesn't make me skinnier.
But they make my eyes sparkle and I grin.
I like when you make pancakes for dinner.

Some are perfectly cooked. They are winners.
But others can go straight into the bin.
Don't judge them from the outside, look inner.

When you make them you're like a gold spinner.
The smell makes drool dribble down my small chin.
I like when you make pancakes for dinner.

I don't know the recipe. I'm not you.
I buy the ingredients, you begin.
Don't judge them from the outside, look inner.

In the world of cooking I'm a beginner.
You know the order everything goes in.
I like when you make pancakes for dinner.
Don't judge them from the outside, look inner.

No comments:

Post a Comment